Saturday, February 27, 2010

those buddhists are always thinking about themselves

this one started a while back on Santa Monica's 3rd Street Promenade. I got into a discussion with one of the "end of world" sign carrying Christians about religion and we both started quoting passages and he let me know that all religions (except christianity) were selfish in their core beliefs. I asked, "even buddhists?" who forsake all earthly belongings and material possessions? and to this he replied, "especially buddhists. Hence the shirts. I chose the laughing buddha for my own "selfish" reasons and wanted it to look more hand drawn because, well, i had forsaken my computer that day. Then next, I scanned it in and this shirt was born. Esoteric, yes, meaningful definitely. I hope you get it. i do, and wear it proudly.







Sizes




No comments:

Post a Comment