Tuesday, February 23, 2010

kudos to you sir, Ibraheem Youssef

It was always my dream to make movie posters and MATCHING packaging for the dvds so that even a standard edition dvd could look like it was Criterion.

I viewed some Tarantino posters by Ibraheem Youssef over at I Watch Stuff and they're just gorgeous. The Jackie Brown, Res Dogs, and Kill Bills are freaking awesome. I mean like Saul Bass awesome. Check Mr Youssef's stuff. He knows what he's doing and he loves it. Add in good simple (read-complex) design and that means I love it.



There are alot of mediums that are dumbed down and on the cusp of dying, like good meaningful movies, their posters, print journalism (thanks Arianna), proper etiquette, and original tv shows on broadcast television. But it makes me hopeful and also makes me want to work harder to do my own fan art that even if a niche market is into it, well, then cool, i'm a niche kinda guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment