Friday, March 5, 2010

a big Giant a-hole

I know he's off the radar, but Barry Bonds stands for everything that went wrong with baseball over the last few years. Not to say that two other homerun hitting giants were any better but this guy was a jerk. If it wasn't for his mammoth Phil Nevin-like head and body growth plus the fact that he hit homeruns at will against a team (Dodgers) that I have a fleeting fancy for. It's the fact that he was just unapproachable and hawkish with all that confronted him. Albeit he seemed to be nice to kids [unlike my onetime childhood interaction with Reggie Jackson (2nd on my baseball a-hole list)]. I don't think any of them should be in the hall other than in a needle wing for the last 30 years. I'm happy that Mark Ecko bought the ball and decided to brand it.

I can not express how happy I was that in 2002 I got to watch him sulk in the dugout as my #1 team "The Angels Angels of Anaheim (literal translation)" beat Bonds and Giants in game 7 of the series.

I think Maris' record should be reinstated but with the caveat that these "exaggerated" records be recognized as something that happened but do not supercede the original record. I just say the baseball gods go back to having drunks on the field. I also think the player should still leave their mitts at their respective positions. Oh and ARod, you're next!

In closing, SCREW YOU BARRY, I hate you, and I won't forget.







Sizes




No comments:

Post a Comment